Due to the Coronavirus, schools in Northern Iraq are remaining closed until January 2021. They have been shuttered since February 2020 already.
MQS urgently seeks volunteers from the teaching community to help them deliver online lessons and activities to support their students. Many of these students have already had their education severely disrupted due to the ISIS Emergency of six years ago.
We are particularly looking for experienced teachers of KS1-3 who would be able to offer several hours a week from October to Christmas.
You may be able to offer:
- Line management of trainee teachers who are working online with classes for the first time;
- An hour a day or so of educational activities to be delivered to small groups of students over Zoom;
- Curriculum support to experienced teachers;
- Temporary covering of classes for brief periods during a week;
- Leadership of a class remotely for a term.
Remuneration for contributions is available.
All volunteers would be line managed by the Headmistress and all contributions delivered remotely. The working language of the school is English and Iraqi time is UK +2 hours (+3 in winter).
If you would be interested in helping our students, please contact us using the link below. We are always happy to discuss the situation in more detail with no obligations attached!
For more information on the school: